Home Insurance in Illinois
Have you ever imagined the losses you would incur if something happened to your home? Massive, right? But you don’t have to worry all the time when you carry home insurance from RetireMax Insurance in Orland Park, IL.
Must I carry home insurance?
Home insurance isn’t mandatory in Illinois, but if your home is mortgage financed, your lender might require you to buy standard home insurance as long as the loan facility is outstanding. But whether it’s required or not, home insurance is an investment that should be high up on your priority list.
What does home insurance cover?
Homeowner’s insurance is offered in many options. As such, some types of home insurance are more expansive than others. However, the bottom line is that home insurance is likely to cover the following areas.
- Property damage coverage: Your Illinois home faces a couple of perils. Some include fire, windstorms, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism, and many more. When any of these perils strike, your home insurance covers repairs or even rebuilding your home.
- Liability protection: If you cause property damage or bodily injury to others, home insurance pays for the arising liabilities.
- Content’s coverage: Home insurance doesn’t protect the structure alone. It protects your electronics, furniture, clothing, and other assets from damage and loss. However, for high-value items like jewelry, guns, and cash, double-check with your agent for a separate cover.
- Additional living expenses coverage: If your home becomes uninhabitable for one reason or another, your home insurance can pay for additional costs incurred (like hotel meals and accommodation) when you seek temporal shelter.
What is not covered by home insurance?
Even your broadest home insurance won’t cover you against the following:
- Intentional damage for your own house
- Pest infestations
- Wear and tear or neglect
- Government actions, including war
If you want flood and earthquake coverage, please talk to your agent for separate coverage.
Home insurance in Illinois
If you need home insurance, at RetireMax Insurance, we are here to help. Contact us today, and we shall help you protect your home.