Motorcycle Insurance in Illinois
Whether you use your bike in Chicago or the Illinois countryside, you need the right motorcycle insurance to protect you and your bike. RetireMax Insurance, located in Orland Park, IL, is a reliable agent that you can trust for all your motorcycle insurance needs.
Is motorcycle insurance required in Illinois?
Yes, the Prairie State requires you to carry motorcycle insurance, and you should show proof of insurance ownership even before registering your bike. If found without motorcycle insurance, you could face fines and penalties, including suspension of your license.
Your lender might also require you to carry motorcycle insurance until your loan is fully paid.
Types of motorcycle insurance
While Illinois requires you to carry minimum liability (bodily injury and property damage) coverage on your motorcycle insurance, it’s best if you consider the below additional options for all-round protection.
- Collision coverage: If your bike collides with another motorcycle or an object (like a tree), this coverage pays for repairs and even replacement if your bike is totaled.
- Comprehensive coverage: Protects your bike against non-collision perils like theft, vandalism, fire, hails, and other risks stated in your policy.
- Personal insurance protection (PIP): Covers medical costs, legal costs, funeral expenses, and even lost income following an accident. It’s similar to medical payments (MedPay) coverage, but its benefits are expansive.
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage: Motorists carrying insufficient, or no insurance can leave significant uncovered damages on their path. However, you can protect yourself from less responsible motorists by carrying this insurance plan.
- Custom parts coverage: If your bike is installed with after-market spares, this coverage pays for accessories that the typical collision or comprehensive coverage might not cover.
- Roadside assistance: Ever been stranded away from home? It can be frustrating. However, when you consider the roadside assistance coverage on your motorcycle insurance, you can access services like gas delivery, battery jump-starting, puncture repair, and minor roadside repairs whenever your bike is disabled away from home.
Do you need motorcycle insurance? Whether you use your bike for fun or running errands, you can get the right motorcycle insurance coverage from RetireMax Insurance situated in Orland Park, IL. Contact us today, and we shall help you get proper motorcycle insurance that fits your budget and riding style.