Commercial Insurance in Illinois
As an Illinois entrepreneur, you need to consider commercial insurance to protect the business you have worked so hard to bring to fruition. Without business insurance from RetireMax Insurance in Orland Park, IL, you might face substantial financial liabilities that you are expected to pay from your business's coffers.
If you are not sure what commercial insurance you should carry, reach out to our office to discuss your options.
Is commercial insurance mandatory in Illinois?
Illinois requires business owners to carry the below commercial insurance:
- Workers’ compensation insurance: As long as you have more than one worker, the law requires you to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This coverage pays for medical costs for injuries sustained in the workplace. It also covers legal costs and part of lost wages.
- Commercial auto insurance: Required for all business vehicles. Protects your vehicle against damage. It also covers injuries sustained in a vehicular accident.
Optional commercial insurance
While the state requires you to have the above coverages, it’s wise to consider the below insurance plans for optimal coverage.
- General liability coverage: Covers claims of personal injury, advertising injury, or property damage where your business is found legally liable.
- Commercial property coverage: Protects your structure and the contents against perils like fire, theft, vandalism, storms, and many other threats. In case of damage, this coverage repairs or rebuilds your commercial property up to your policy limit.
- Business owner’s policy: Combines both business liability coverage and commercial property coverage plans into one easy-to-manage coverage.
- Professional liability: Also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O), this coverage protects your business against actual or alleged claims of negligence. It’s ideal for businesses offering professional consultancies, such as legal, auditing, and accounting.
- Cyber insurance: Protects your business against online malicious activities that could result in data breaches and other costly expenses.
Are you ready to get started with commercial insurance? At RetireMax Insurance, situated in Orland Park, IL, we are here to help. Contact us today, and our team shall help you choose the right business insurance that gives you and your business optimal protection.